Cage Diving with Great Whites??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBulla

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just curious to see if anyone out there has done any recreational cage-diving with great whites in Australia. If so, how was the experience and who did you go through? It's one of those lifelong goals that I'd like to do in that infamous time slot known as "some day."

Thanks!

Tim, thank you so much for the link!! :)

KBulla:
I was just curious to see if anyone out there has done any recreational cage-diving with great whites in Australia. If so, how was the experience and who did you go through? It's one of those lifelong goals that I'd like to do in that infamous time slot known as "some day."

Thanks!

If you want to see great whites and don't want to fly to Australia. Come with us to Guadalupe Island...we leave from SanDiego CA on November 12th...you will see plenty of Great Whites..it is warm,clear and packed with great whites

Go to www.rodneyfox.com.au. Rodney started this and continues the business through his son Andrew. I went in 1991...some of the footage I shot appeared on the BBC and U.S. TV. If you want to do this in Australia, this is the way to go.

One of my pet hates is shark feeding - why oh why are we getting sharks to associate humans with food?

Just food for thought that you might like to consider when planning your trip! Some operators will attract sharks to you by feeding, others will go looking for sharks. Personally, I think seeing sharks in their natural habitat and just watching them is one of the most humbling experiences around.

Slightly off topic, but here is some sobering reading from a recent shark attack.

kbulla, this link will also help you, ive never heard a bad thing about this guy plus tv programs use him alot also

http://www.calypsostarcharter.com.au/sharktours_page.htm

AndyNZ - TOTALLY agree with you 100%, im just not into cage diving, i dont agree with how they burlie for hours and hours to attrack a shark... but out of respect for KBulla, this thread isnt the place to discuss it

almitywife:
AndyNZ - TOTALLY agree with you 100%, im just not into cage diving, i dont agree with how they burlie for hours and hours to attrack a shark... but out of respect for KBulla, this thread isnt the place to discuss it

True, wasn't intended to by (too!) judgemental - but to point out that we should invest some thought in how we choose to dive and what the wider impact could be.

I'll shut up now.

Back
Top Bottom