A likely story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

writer

Reaction score
As entertaining as the cave diver story was, I have several problems with it. First of all, as has already been mentioned, lightning dissipates almost at the surface. Second, the headline has "lightning" misspelled. Not sure where this story came from but, as a professional writer, I know that no editor alive would have missed that one. And there are a couple of other typos in the story. It's just not a very professional piece. Just remember: You can't believe everything just because it's on the Web! But it WAS entertaining!

Ken

That link didn't work for me but if you're refering to the incedent at GS last year it was reported by a few differeent dive teams. I also know a group of divers who were zapped in a local quarry. Nobody was hurt bad but there was an assortment of bloddy noses and sore muscles.

The dive reports on the CDF are not professionally done pieces. they are simply dive report by cave divers that frequent the board. I'm sure there are lots of spelling mistakes but some of those report are written by pretty experienced cave divers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom