GUE Primer with Bob Sherwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SelkieDVM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This past weekend I had the opportunity to take a two day GUE Primer class with Bob Sherwood at Dutch Springs. The class focuses on bouyancy, trim, and kicking techniques, while at the same time introducing team building skills. I must say the experience was a humbling but tremendously rewarding one. Bob's help with my technique and gear was invaluable, and having his eyes and hands on me for just two days opened up a whole new world. I'll definitely be taking Fundamentals with him as soon as I can.

For me taking the Primer class prior to Fundies worked out nicely. I was originally supposed to take Fundies last spring but had to put it off, so I signed up for this class because it happened to mesh with my schedule. Being newish to both drysuit and doubles, I now think Fundamentals would have been a little too overwhelming. This class gives you more time to work on a smaller subset of skills without worrying about passing or failing. I would encourage anyone who's interested but maybe a little intimidated by Fundies, or who just has a hard time scheduling it for whatever reason, to consider the Primer with Bob. You won't regret it and it will leave you hungry for more.

Last edited:
Lilla :hugs:

Great to know you got so much out of the Primer class. Agree with Henrik, your team looked great on that last ascent. Actually everyone in your class had such a great attitude about the class.

It was wonderful to meet you!! Love your accent. :D Let us know the next time you are up in our neck of the woods again.

Happy to hear you had a great class. Kudos to you for finding a great pathway for your dive progression with an incredible instructor. Bob Sherwood has probably had the single biggest positive impact to me upon my diving. I agree with you that the Primer class is a great way to begin to learn the GUE system, particularly if the Fundamentals class seems intimidating or potentially overwhelming. I look forward to reading more of your reports as you progress. Congratulations!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom