Any Instructor Institutes coming up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, after a couple of days I got a response to my information request.

Needless to say I am a bit disheartened. The only Institute planned is NEXT May.

I started with Y and was looking to support the new organization but I am afraid that that time line may not work for me. I have been working with a local instructor for a few years who has been mentoring me and helped me with getting to this point. But I soon will be moving and hoped to get my instructor before the relocation. Also living in Michigan the travel to Indiana (where the institutes seem to only be available) would be more convenient.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Jeff

Where are you moving to? One thing that sometimes comes up is that our instructor trainers may be willing to put on an institute if there are enough people interested to do one. An Institute takes a bit of planning and organization to put on. Keep checking with SEI HQ and perhaps ask for the name of an Instructor Trainer near you who might be willing if he/she has enough help and interested students to add an Institute to their schedule.

Jeff,

Instructor institutes do not necessarily have to be planned way in advance. I run an institute when I have qualified candidates or when I get requests to do so. Obviously a one-person institute is not ideal but it has been done. Right now I have an instructor candidate that wants to finish up before the end of the year. The institute will be in Tallahassee (as it is now planned). If you want to join us you are certainly welcome.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom