Does anyone use the ProEar2000 mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebbdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here actually uses this mask, and how was your experience with this. I'm looking into this to get by if the eardrum doesn't heal. Thanks.

If you are having earproblems with water in your ears, I highly recommend in you having one. I have had mine for 2 years now and love it.

Hey you might look differrent from others but I tell people it really helps. The dive shop I go to can't keep them in stock when the shipment comes in.

Now go get one and let me know how you like it...

Enjoy

I have one. It works well enough if you have an ear infection but it's really uncomfortable, not to mention ugly as sin. Again, if you have ear problems it'll do you until you heal but I certainly wouldn't want it as my regular mask.

hey guys,

My dive buds got one (he's too damn lazy to post). Its the only mask he can use. 100ft no prob! before the mask it would take us 20 mins just to get to 20ft. He also likes that it keeps the ears dry, and can hear better.

He does get strange looks but its either that or no diving!

What if the mask gets knocked off/removed? Can you replace the mask and clear the ear covers?

My girlfriend might need one of these too due to a yet unknown form of hearing loss in one ear, but I just couldn't see a good seal being made with those ear cuffs and all her hair. Am I selling the thing short? or does the ear seal not really need to be that good in order for the mask to work?

Thanx,

John.

ZenSquirrel once bubbled...
What if the mask gets knocked off/removed? Can you replace the mask and clear the ear covers?

Yes, there are tubes going from the mask to the ears. You hold the mask in place, making a firm seal, squeeze one of the tubes and blow through your nose. The air goes through the opposite tube and clears the water from the ear piece. Then, change tubes and clear the other ear.

With hair, there will be a little water that gets in but if you gotta dive, it's better than an ear full of water. I don't think it's perfect but I take it anytime I go on a long dive trip. I know if I get an ear infection, I can still dive, as long as I'm able to equalize.

seems like, he needs a different hood for it too. I will let you guys know after he use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom