Fairbanks(Interior) divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was wondering if there were any other Fairbanks divers on here. Myself (32) and my dad recently got certified and have done a few local dives on our own since certification. There seems to be a lot of divers up here, but mostly warm water vacation divers, was wondering who the divers are on this forum that dive locally. I wouldnt mind finding some others to dive with locally, rather then going to the LDS and begging for buddies. My dad and myself have our own gear, tanks are at inspection, but dad still has to rent his drysuit for the season.

There are a few of us up here, I have not been wet in a while, but I am going to try and get a few dives in this summer before freeze up.

Scott, you have any favorite places up here to Dive. We dove the North Pole pond a couple weeks ago, and found it to be a fun dive when it comes to the underwater terrain.

I am a new diver and don't have any of my equipment. I have not dove since February but have been interested in diving in Harding Lake or Chena Lakes just to get experiance and practice Nav and other skills, and to just dive. I live in Fairbanks but work on the slope, I really need to stop in at Test the Waters and see what is going on. My intention was to not just be a vacation diver but to dive when and whereever I can, hasn't worked out that way. My son dove in FIJI with me and has an interest in getting certifed so this may be the way for me to dive more. Post more when you can and lets see what happens. I know another diver who works here on the slope and who lives in Fbks.

Wow, finally got some replies for a thread I started back in 2010:) I cant wait for summer to melt this ice away from our lakes, and I can put back on the drysuit for some interior lake diving. Midnite sun, I have not dove Harding or Chena Lakes, but do plan on diving Harding some this summer. I have dove summit several times, and plan to dive there a bunch this summer to do some exploring. For in town diving, the training pond over by Test the Waters is actually decent on days when you want to go some place close. I dove Birch Lake last summer, and wasnt impressed, so I will only dive it again if I have a objective. I am currently fixing up a 78' bayliner for up to 4 divers to tuck into for getting to different parts of the local lakes. If any of you Fairbanksans have facebook, look me up. Tristan, do you have your own gear also, including drysuit? If either of you dont have gear, Test the Waters has some nice stuff on consignment right now.

I have my own gear, so far I have: bp/w+kit, reg kit, drysuit, two tanks. Im trying to find a few more tanks and a AL40 for a bailout since I dive solo a lot.

Very nice, I have four tanks (2-AL80, and 2-LP72), and have all my own gear. I would like to pick up another reg, just so I can hang a tank under the boat for a safety stop bailout. What lakes have you dove in around the interior?

I have my own gear, so far I have: bp/w+kit, reg kit, drysuit, two tanks. Im trying to find a few more tanks and a AL40 for a bailout since I dive solo a lot.

I haven't dived any lakes in Fairbanks, most of my diving is in Northern California and Juneau. I haven't had time to go to the lakes or ponds in Fairbanks but I want to dive the clear water lakes.

Back
Top Bottom