Servicing In Europe and Servicing Plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

I live in the US, and would like to buy a 212 / DC1 reg but I will be moving the Netherlands soon and I'm concerned about the servicing options in Europe. Do I have to bring the reg to an Authorized Hollis service center or can I get it serviced by Oceanic service centers? Or do I need to mail it in (definitely not preferred!)

My second question is, if I miss the annual servicing, do I forfeit the free service parts for all subsequent annual servicing from then on? I know that if you miss the annual service for Scubapro regs, they reinstate the free service parts if you pay for that year's service.

Your input is welcome!

Arnold

Hello,

I live in the US, and would like to buy a 212 / DC1 reg but I will be moving the Netherlands soon and I'm concerned about the servicing options in Europe. Do I have to bring the reg to an Authorized Hollis service center or can I get it serviced by Oceanic service centers? Or do I need to mail it in (definitely not preferred!)

My second question is, if I miss the annual servicing, do I forfeit the free service parts for all subsequent annual servicing from then on? I know that if you miss the annual service for Scubapro regs, they reinstate the free service parts if you pay for that year's service.

Your input is welcome!

Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Warranty on manufacturing defect is covered worldwide, however our free lifetime parts replacement program is by country which means if the regulator is purchased in Europe, the free parts program would apply there. Same would apply for regulators purchased in USA.

If you miss your annual servicing you would need to pay for parts and service the following year. From then on we would reinstate the lifetime parts replacement program.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom