Undersea Detectives..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

two episodes of the "Undersea Detectives" tonight. It was interesting to hear the commentator explain the dangerous and potentially life threatening condition known as nitrogen narcosis or the bends.

The programs were on the science channel.

Buddy training may have helped but you should always be vigilant for your own tank valve. On Apollo 10, Gene Cernan almost crashed the LEM because he flipped a switch for setting the abort navigation computer and then the Lunar Module pilot promptly flipped the switch back to its original position (they were both following checklists and setting lots of switches and things).

For all the training they did for a moon mission, you would think this kind of error wouldn't happen.

Too bad tank valves didn't have a nice red painted indicator when the valve was fully open, a simple glance by your buddy would show instantly that the tank was fully open. I never feel comfortable when my buddy manipulates my air source. Why not a simple valve indicator????

Back
Top Bottom