Dive report for Destin - August 7th and 8th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffer Fish

Captain Happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, seas were calm, the bottom a bit warmer (72 or so in the deeper areas) and the water was a strange hazy look to it.

Oh, and there was no or almost no current.

Went out with Emerald Coast...Nice people by the way.

We did the triplets and the main stack on Sat, then the Janus and the (uggg) Ms Louise.

Anna (of Emerald Coast) messed with a octo on the main stack by moving one of it's precious shells... it got very upset and attempted to drag her hand into it's cave...it was still a bit upset when I took this:

Octo_830.JPG

There was a more calm one about 10 ft away:

Octo_832.JPG

Had the usual angry damsel fish about:

damsel_821.JPG

Several more from Sat:

featherworms_820.JPG

blenny_8201.JPG

triggerfish_820.JPG

Note: Had trouble uploading this, so there may be some damage to it.. trigger fish are hard to get good images of to start with.

Soap fish have, for reasons unknown to me, a great love of me...this day was no different. They like to come up and just touch me... odd. These two were coming at me:

soapfish_822.JPG

This guy just came up and rubbed his nose on my finger:

soapfish_821.JPG

Sunday was a diver silt up day... at both places. So had to take pictures between clouds of stuff.

Still, regardless of the conditions, there is always something to take pictures of:

Blenny_830.JPG

Butterfly_830.JPG

hermitcrab_832.JPG

puffer_830.JPG

mloise_831.JPG

mloise_833.JPG

spadefish_832.JPG

spadfish_830.JPG

Saw lots of flounder.....several Nudi's (getting tired of images of them)... and a fair number of fish one could eat...

Nice weekend... hope this next weekend is just as good.

I liked the wide angle shots again. I don't know how you got those spadefish to pose for you in a perfect row! I also liked the blenny with the coral. Thanks for posting these; I always enjoy them.

I liked the wide angle shots again. I don't know how you got those spadefish to pose for you in a perfect row! I also liked the blenny with the coral. Thanks for posting these; I always enjoy them.

Thanks Dave...it was a quiet time on the Miss Louise (surface interval for everyone else) and the water cleared a bit. there was a light current in the direction the fish are pointed.

At first I tried to get their image, but they wanted to be around me (the closeup image)... so I happened to notice that if I pointed myself into the current, they would just swim along side me...

We must have been together for 5 - 10 minutes of so, with me just turning over and taking their picture from time to time..all I had to do was wait till they lined up.

Glen, Gulf would not be the same without you diving in it... get that Ok as soon as you can my friend.

Thanks Jim....I am in Destin about 4 days a week. Every time I drive over the Destin bridge, I look toward the Gulf and check conditions. For some reason each morning I check what time high tide is....guess it still makes me feel connected....even though I can't get wet yet.

Glen, Gulf would not be the same without you diving in it... get that Ok as soon as you can my friend.

Thanks Jim....I am in Destin about 4 days a week. Every time I drive over the Destin bridge, I look toward the Gulf and check conditions. For some reason each morning I check what time high tide is....guess it still makes me feel connected....even though I can't get wet yet.

Are you allowed dinner.. we usually go to the wine store for steak night on Sat...

Where is the Wine Store...I am not familiar with that? You have seen me eat...you know I am always up for that!

Are you allowed dinner.. we usually go to the wine store for steak night on Sat...

Great pics. Thanks for posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom