Wanted: NW Diving Mecca. Have old trailer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a beautiful wife, two weeks vacation, a 17-foot camping trailer and I own all my diving gear. And I need help finding the perfect location for my upcoming vacation the 1st two weeks of Oct. Here is what would make it perfect:

Secluded on-the-beach camping somewhere in Washington or Oregon (and by the way, we’re talking BEACH here – sand, surf, sunsets…. My wife does not consider the Sound or the Hood a beach, and this is her ONE must-have. By “secluded” what we really mean is quiet and NOT shoulder to shoulder , KOA-ish RVers. We don’t need hook-ups. But my wife wants to sit outside the trailer and listen & watch the surf while I’m off diving).

Good diving and air within an hour’s drive. Prefer some hunting but this is not a must.

Can anyone help? I am originally from Southern CA. and I know some places that fit the bill down there, but I’m trying to find a place that is within one days drive of Spokane (12 hours drive). Any suggestions???

THANKS!!

Good luck finding your dream site! If you can manage that whole list let me know! I live near Portland and have been looking for that combo for awhile. Unfortunately Itll probably be easier to find something like that in washington. The shoreline in Oregon is fairly shallow and good dives are hard to come by without a boat. You could try the Newport area and do the jetti fingers, or the lighthouse area but its a tad on the rough side. Plenty of places to park the trailer there though, and air refills under the bridge.

You could try Salt Creek up on the Strait or out near Neah Bay. I'm headed up to Salt Creek this weekend for the first time; I'll give you a report when I get back... Might be getting a bit cool in October though the viz should improve...

Changed our plans. We'll just take an extra day and drive to Monterey. Big Sur camping. Ten days of great diving. One day on the Truth out of Santa Barbara to the Channel Islands.
Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom