Are we dorky enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirty-Dog

Frequently Censored
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's important to practice your skills, even here in landlocked Colorado. So... you do what you have to do....
Please note that we're both carrying our DSMBs, just in case...

Attachments

• P8130004.jpg
    P8130004.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 478
  • P8130006.jpg
    P8130006.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 433
It's important to practice your skills, even here in landlocked Colorado. So... you do what you have to do....
Please note that we're both carrying our DSMBs, just in case...

Sorry too much black gear and not enough split fins to qualify as a Dork Diver. Close, but no cigar... :D

Sorry too much black gear and not enough split fins to qualify as a Dork Diver. Close, but no cigar... :D

I don't like split fins.... but both the skins have yellow stripes down the sides... and we both made sure to be carrying both a knife and shears as well as the DSMBs. I even thought about strapping on a big Rambo knife. Maybe provisional dorks, and I'll order a Spare Air... :wink:

All you need is an orange shovel attached to that free double-ender on your right D ring and a spare snorkel.

I don't know, he obviously has his tank on a dorky long bungee. I cant even see it in the picture. That should qualify.... And the baby pool is fairly awesome. I want to see the back roll entry.

True. Diving without a tank is instant entry into the DD club.

All you need is an orange shovel attached to that free double-ender on your right D ring and a spare snorkel.

That's my high tech tank banger... and I did have two snorkels, but I gave one to Sue. That was our air sharing drill. :dork2:

I don't know, he obviously has his tank on a dorky long bungee. I cant even see it in the picture. That should qualify.... And the baby pool is fairly awesome. I want to see the back roll entry.

I knew all the time I spent polishing the tank would pay off. It's invisible! All part of the new Stealth Diver (tm) technology.

In one of the other face-down pictures, my grandson is grabbing my snorkel and telling me it's his turn to play in the pool. :D

I just wanted to say thanks - you dorky divers have started off my day right, with a smile! I'm not sure, but I think I may qualify as a dorky diver myself. Recently I got back in diving after 16 years away from the sport. As I stood on the pier about to do a giant stride entry, my instructor said (calmly and gently), "Cindy, your mask is on upside-down." Things were a little touch-and-go getting geared up, but once in the water it was awesome!

Welcome to the club!

"Cindy, your mask is on upside-down."

How did you manage that? Wouldn't the nose thing being in the wrong place tip you off that something was wrong? I've put my onto my mask upside down before (so far, I've always caught it before anyone else did though), but whenever I've started to put my mask on upside down I've always been able to tell right away that it wasn't working...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom