Downsizing dry gloves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I use the Si-tech quick disconnect gloves. Currently have a size medium Showa glove with liners. They are too large for my finger tips and I'm having a hard time clipping off/on my bolt snap from primary regulator.

The gloves are very easy to remove from the rings, so I need to know where I can purchase the correct size.

Does anyone have a link where I can order and try a variety of sizes and styles?

Thanks,

Mike G

I don't have a link handy, but try searching local industrial cleaners wholesalers and fishing supply stores. The most common use for the "blue gloves" is fish cleaning/handling on deck. Also other gloves will work in the rings, too, like marigolds, or lighterweight showa gloves (the orange ones.)

The Atlas gloves run a bit smaller than the Showas, so try a medium or large and see where that gets you.

In my experience, the Atlas gloves run true to normal glove sizing. I tend to wear a large glove, but can wear a medium (its just tight), and this is exactly how the Atlas gloves fit me. To compensate for heavy liners, I end up wearing the XL glove; one size larger than I would normally wear.

-B

I can get the atlas gloves at many of the local lumber yards and farm/ranch supplies and they are just slightly above Seattle Marine's prices - likely less after shipping. You might try stores like that if you have any close by. Then you can try them on.

Hunter

I have used Redden Marine Supply and found them to provide good service
Redden Marine Supply - Search

The Atlas gloves come in versions intended to be used with a liner or without. So the Atlas 495 is the blue glove that comes with a liner, and the 660 comes without. This throws the sizing off a bit since 495’s are oversized to allow for the liner. I find the 495 mediums are a bit bigger than the 660 large. I do not like the liner that comes with 495's and replace it with a wool glove. 495 and 660's are blue "triple dipped" gloves. 460 and 620 are the equivalent "double dipped" orange gloves which should provide somewhat greater dexterity.

Go with the 660 or 620 with your own liner, and you'll be much happier. My recommendation is the Mountain Hardware power stretch gloves.

If you wear a men's medium glove, you'll be looking at the Atlas Large to compensate for liner. I have both sizes available in 660 and 620 is you want to try out.

Seattle Marine is where many people get theirs: Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant

Casey,

Thanks for the link, I ordered 3 large Atlas gloves; two 660's and one 620. A friend lent me two Medium sets of the same gloves and they are a little tight.

The orange 620 is diveable, but the blue 660's with my liners are already constricted; I feel my blood pulse in the glove. I believe that will not work!

So I ordered the large to see if that will do the trick, I've been told by other divers the Atlas gloves run small.

I have the Showa and they are too large on the finger tips. The medium Atlas are perfect if I had some more room in the palm, hopefully the large will suffice.

I only hope it arrives before my class on Saturday. UPS 5 day ground and it was placed today. My fingers are crossed.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom