Indian Army looking to procure diver propulsion vehicles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Indian Army is looking to buy DPV's for its commando divers . As per the ( RIF ) the DPV should be capable of carrying two fully equipped combat divers along with additional 80 kg of cargo a distance of not less than 5 nautical miles . More info. at request .

It's not unrealistic at all, Dive-Xtras has at least one scooter that exceeds those requirements (M1500). The M650 can probably meet the requirements as well, especially if both divers are going to carry scooters.

There are other options out there too...

-B

Bam!

bladefish-sea-scooters.jpg

Bladefish
'Nuff said.

Hi,

Please visit the Leisure Pro website they have the Torpedo brand and Hollis which I believe will do the job

Sincerely,

Leisure Prski

They are probably looking for bids from companies that specialize in these type of machines, not recreational scooters

http://stiddmil.com/

MAXIMUM SPEED (1 DIVER)
3.2 Knots

CRUISE SPEED (1 DIVER)

2.3 Knots

RANGE - MAX SPEED (1 DIVER)

6.5 nm

RANGE - CRUISE SPEED (1 DIVER)

7.0 nm

MAXIMUM SPEED (2 DIVERS)

2.7 Knots

CRUISE SPEED (2 DIVERS)

2.0 Knots

RANGE - MAX SPEED (2 DIVERS)

5.2 nm

RANGE - CRUISE SPEED (2 DIVERS)

6.0 nm

Last edited:
All those specs and it only weighs 159 lbs for easy beach entries.

But I love their boat, I wonder how much it costs.

Peace,
Greg

They are probably looking for bids from companies that specialize in these type of machines, not recreational scooters

STIDD Military Submersibles

MAXIMUM SPEED (1 DIVER)
3.2 Knots

CRUISE SPEED (1 DIVER)

2.3 Knots

RANGE - MAX SPEED (1 DIVER)

6.5 nm

RANGE - CRUISE SPEED (1 DIVER)

7.0 nm

MAXIMUM SPEED (2 DIVERS)

2.7 Knots

CRUISE SPEED (2 DIVERS)

2.0 Knots

RANGE - MAX SPEED (2 DIVERS)

5.2 nm

RANGE - CRUISE SPEED (2 DIVERS)

6.0 nm

I have no vested interest to procure DPV's for the Indian Army . My sole intention is to share this information with the manufactures who support this forum . Charles Bart

Pfffssss....have you seen the Bladefish press releases? The Bladefish can carry a fully geared up woolly mammoth with doubles and stages a distance of 600 miles at 5 mph, right? What's recreational about that?
I defy you to find a more powerful scooter ;-)
I heard it can even mow the lawn and make lunch for the kids......

Back
Top Bottom