PADI sent me an AOW survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting (to me anyway...)...

I completed AOW a few months ago, and PADI recently sent me a survey asking AOW questions just the other day....

They are asking about the number of students, the number of instructors, was I accompanied on each dive by an instructor, did I complete the nav and deep dives, etc.

Obviously, they are attempting to verify whether some of the minimum standards were followed.

I did find it a bit annoying that they didn't stamp the return envelope. So, I threw the survey and envelope away...LOL

I did my AOW in Coz in May and I have not received the survey. I would have a number of things to comment on if they did. I was very disappointed with the requirements as I did not learn a thing nor did I do anything that I had not done on any previous dive in Coz.

Surveys are only sent to a sampling of students. The newer the instructor is the more of his students get them. They used to send them to 1/3 of the students accross the board.

they're looking for standards violations mostly. I'm not sure they're interested in your opinion of the requirements. I know they don't seem interested in my opinion of them. They like to tell me what's good and have so far have ignored what I think is good.

Pretty cheesy though to ask me for a favor (reviewing the accomplishment of some standards in my course) and not to pay for the mail service needed to get the reply back to them....

They must be pinching pennies....Of couse, since I am also, and since they are a commercial entity, they lost out. :)

scubasean once bubbled...
So, I threw the survey and envelope away...LOL

If you though so little of your instructor, this was your opportunity to let PADI know.

Marc

I just got an email from GUE, asking me to do the same thing for my recent DIRF.

The difference was that they will not issue the card if I don't fill out the instructor evaluation, and it's an online form that takes maybe 5 minutes.

One quick observation while filling out the form, is that you can tell that GUE is a small organisation because they use a drop down menu to let you pick the instructor who taught the corse :wink:

I did find it a bit annoying that they didn't stamp the return envelope. So, I threw the survey and envelope away...LOL

Pity. Your chance to help an organization improve, and $.037 got in the way.

Now I hope we don't see you bashing PADI in the future.

If you don't vote, don't complain.

FLL Diver once bubbled...

If you though so little of your instructor, this was your opportunity to let PADI know.

Marc

My instructor, Matt Whitman, was great!

No complaints at all....

--Sean

jbichsel once bubbled...

Pity. Your chance to help an organization improve, and $.037 got in the way.

Now I hope we don't see you bashing PADI in the future.

If you don't vote, don't complain.

Not true...They weren't looking for my suggestions, and only asked if my instructor did the right things...which he did. so, responding would not effect an improvement.

I was only throwing fun at the 37 cents...it was supposed to be funny...be serious if you want....And, I wanted to save the stamp so I can send in the GUE survey at a later date....(Oh yeah, that one is free...)

BTW, 37cents is .37, not .037....LOL

Surely you can't be suggesting I can't have an opinion? (I didn't think so...) :)

Not true...They weren't looking for my suggestions, and only asked if my instructor did the right things...which he did. so, responding would not effect an improvement.

I was only throwing fun at the 37 cents...it was supposed to be funny...be serious if you want....

BTW, 37cents is .37, not .037....LOL

Surely you can't be suggesting I can't have an opinion? (I didn't think so...) :)

You didn't specify a denomination:D Up here in igloo country eh...0.37$ American will by you a new toque, moccassins and bear skin comforter for those chili July nights.LOL :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom