Aeris AI Downloading Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive California

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I recently have problems downloading my computer to my PC...the device "Time Out"s after the "handshake" fairly quickly. Any ideas or anybody experiencing this?

I've tried cleaning both the cable and the computer ports...cable looks good, no signs of corrosion.

I recently have problems downloading my computer to my PC...the device "Time Out"s after the "handshake" fairly quickly. Any ideas or anybody experiencing this?

Did you install the correct USB drivers?

If you have a 64-bit operating system on your PC you must install the 64-bit USB drivers.

If you installed the correct USB drivers, did the install complete successfully?

I own 3 ATMOS AI computers (wife, daughter and me) and an Aeris T3.

Although I love the AI as a dive computer the design of the USB connection port on the dive computer leaves a lot to be desired. It can be tricky getting the cable seated properly.

My guess is that Aeris must have received a number of complaints about this since the connection on the T3 is excellent.

Try making subtle adjustments to the the seating of the USB cable within the AI USB port. When you get it right the seconds countdown will stop and there will be a noticeable change to what is displayed on the screen.

Once you get used to this it is very workable (still a bad design however).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom