OW with SSI, AOW with another agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpleynes

Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking my OW cert. with a dive shop that is affiliated with SSI. By October, I will be relocating to PA (I live in NJ). I just checked the ssi website and there are no SSI dive shops near where I live.
Would it be possible to take my AOW certification with another agency like PADI or NAUI?

kpleynes once bubbled...
Would it be possible to take my AOW certification with another agency like PADI or NAUI?
Of course it would. Many people have different levels of certification with different agencies. As is so often said here, it's the instructor that is the most important factor--not the agency. Check out the shop(s) and find an instructor that you think you would enjoy diving with and have fun!

And greetings from former NJ-ite. What exit? :D

...with WileE Diver it is the instructor. But you have to have several more dives to get your SSI Aow card then some of the other agencies. I believe that experience is extremely important. I do not believe most divers are capable of getting an OW card Sunday afternoon and then becoming an AOW diver the next weekend.
I was PADI certified made a trip to Cozumel then did my AOW dives the following weekend and I know now that there was no way on earth that I was an advanced diver.

Get a bunch of dives then take the course.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom