28th Oct- 4th Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I will be in Sharem EL Sheik 28th Oct - 4th Nov.

How warm is "normally" the water temp?
Are there any "hotspots" for diving?
Are there any wreeks?

I have the advanced and my son (14) has the open water. How can we both get the best out of our trip?

Which Dive center do you recommend?
Are there any places to avoid? (Dive centers, dive spots but even on shore)?

Regards
Hogge

Only some more days until we leave for Sharm El Sheikh.
We will stay in the Iberotel Fanara & Fanara.

Any recommendations how to organise the diving?

I stayed at the Iberotel Fanara in June this year. They have their own on-site dive centre, Diving&Discovery
Here is a list of dive centres in Sharm : Diving centres in the Red Sea, Egypt
Most dive centres offer a discount if you pre-book (no advance payment) and pay cash ! They will pick you up from your hotel free of charge.
Diving is off-shore from the boat . Indeed the Ras Mohammed and Tiran sites are great. This is what it looks like, follow this link: Dive Center Reviews | TGI Diving, Sharm El Sheikh | Red Sea | Scuba Diving Reviews | Scubadviser ( on photo number 3 you can see the hotel on top of the cliff on the right )
and this one: Great day out diving. - Review of Shark's Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - TripAdvisor
Caution: there is also a hotel Faraana up there on the cliff, so make sure you tell your dive centre you are at the IBEROTEL Fanara !

Water temperature has actually gone back up to 29-30 degrees in the last week, I am back in shorts and a vest top! It will drop again in the next few weeks though back down to 26/27 by the time you get here, I should think.

Have fun while you're here! :D

C.

Back
Top Bottom