Trip Report: Hurgada South, Martina I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

=C=

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The third planet (a smaller one but a nice blue hu
# of dives
5000 - ∞
lod%20kopie.%202.%20jpg.jpg

Hi all I arrived back from my Live aboard trip from Hurgada this morning.

All in all awesome trip, food was good, boat in good shape (everything working) and well kept. They have an espresso machine which is a nice touch. Nitrox included, 3 compressor on the boat, Helium and scooter rental available (10 Euro). Water skiing was nice on the surface intervals. I would add there are 3 rigged stage bottles, 3 sets of double s80's, and various size Al bottles for singles diving. A bottle is always hung under the boat.

Water is 32C, or 89F at the surface and at 40M (131ft) it was variable, 30 at times occasionally colder. I dove a SS BP/wing, 2.5mm hoodless short, and AL100 with no weight.

Visibility was as usual excellent 15 to 20M (40 to 60ft).

Reef: Gotta Ramada
There is a Shark Statue here and its a nice way to start a trip. Good viz and not too crowded.

7 Towers
Rented a scooter for this dive and it was awesome. Viz was better than average and lots of wildlife. There is neat structure to this reef.

Wreck: The Blackline
Serious current on this wreck near safaga. It sank while going to dry dock not far from The Salem Express. Its a tough dive but a very nice wreck. Good vis down to 28ish then a haze cover the lower potion of the wreck. Many of the doors are chained shut and we didn't come prepared for a penetration. It lays on its starboard side with an estimated floor of 34m (111ft) making it a nice nitrox dive. We dropped down initially to the 34 to have a look at the top-decks (open sides) looking in windows and passages as we made our way along then back on the shallow side of the wreck followed by a short hang.

Wreck: Salem Express
This famous wreck was the highlight of the trip. We penetrated the aft cargo doors and swam the length of the hold with a smaller group continuing to the galley and engine room and car deck. Visibility was outstanding but the wreck was very busy. Maybe 80-100 diver came through the wreck in the 6 hours we were on site. Creepy seeing baby carriages, fridges, toys, bedding, and the like in the hold.

Drift: Gotta Handman
blazing current made this the classic red sea flying dive. Zodiac's dropped us into raging current and tailed us as we rocketed along this reef at 12m.

Reef: Abu Kafan
Lively reef otherwise nothing too special

Wreck: Poseidon
Nice shallow freighter wreck laying upside downish... (about 45deg keel up) Screws in about 8M, Keel starts about 7M, Captains Bridge in maybe 18M. Life vests still hung inside. Toilets and wash basins visible from the aft starboard crew doors.

Reef: Umm Hal Hal
Reel nice reef with many passageways to explore. Be mindful of overhead environments! Lots of life, rays, eels, lion fish, crabs, Napoleons, and the odd barracuda.

Reef: Panorama
Reef with fishes. Noting extra-ordinary. Just good diving and wildlife.

couple people asked... the contact is potapeci.com on Skype or 011 420 608 412 001.

Renda speaks english, and they do Cuba, Croatia, Egypt, Sudan, Italy, Mexico Caves, and Tanzania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom