Instructor Certification @ "Pro Dive", Ft.Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekk Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, here's my inquiry:

Can any one give me some opinions on Pro Dive IDC in Ft. Lauderdale? Any current instructors have any suggestions for a good instructor school?
I'm currently 20yrs of age. PADI AOW/ 4 years certified with 150+ dives. And i'm seriously considering a career in scuba diving...it's what i do best...and besides, i'd like to see the world.

Any suggestions for a good training facility??
Bob Brayman's International Diving Career Institute?
Pro Dive?

I would appreciate some advice from the "pros".
Thanks.

I know some prodive grads who were pretty happy they went. They also say it was very pricey. Well, it worked out for them that way and while they are making payments on that venture, they are glad they did.

I personally like the old fashioned approach of working your way up to pro, then ITC. But hey, that's me. MY ITC cost me with books, misc expenses, about 2000 minus insurance and NAUI fees.

As far as Halls, without going into detail. There's better.

I did not do my IDC at Pro Dive but...I did do it at E.A.S.E.

After the idc I did a Eanx blender course with an employe of Deep Six Water Sports ,the base dive shope of EASE.

While having lunch on the break, this employee actually sugested I should have gone to Pro Dive and to quote"they are a class act"

I would go there now just because of the convenience.I could have flown direct to Ft Laurdale , not into Orlando and have to pay a private company $100 to get me to EASE.

Meals at EASE included,great,you got to make 2 out of three yourself a day.

4 course directors at Pro Dive.Thats 4 different ways of learning to teach.

Doing dives in the ocean(Pro Dive) as opposed to a lake with water quality like I dive up here in Canada.

I will say that my CD at EASE was fantastic and is now employed at PADI HQ.

Good luck with your IDC!

Ron

To Brayman's back when it was called "Halls" and it was a great course. Their add now boasts 100% placement, I find that intriguing but am not quite sure what it means.

If you are looking at working off-shore I would also suggest that you get some basic courses as a regulator technician and become a gas blender, basic instructors are a dime a dozen and you need as many discriminators as possible.

Pro Dive is good at what they do - churning out instructors. You can get it done there, but it's an expensive way to go.

For the same price, you could probably do some extensive travel and get in the necessary courses while getting exposure to diving in other parts of the world. Look at Central America, SE Asia, and/or the Mediterranean.

I'm one of the dozen. *wince* I'm earning my way up to the "cup of coffee" rate. *chuckle*

Diversauras once bubbled...
To Brayman's back when it was called "Halls" and it was a great course. Their add now boasts 100% placement, I find that intriguing but am not quite sure what it means.

If you are looking at working off-shore I would also suggest that you get some basic courses as a regulator technician and become a gas blender, basic instructors are a dime a dozen and you need as many discriminators as possible.

I went to Pro Dive for my certification VERY GOOD school. But be ready to think you are dieing by the time you are done.. They train you really well so when you take the EI you are totally prepared. The IE exam is a sinch after shcooling with pro dive.. how all goes well ..

Can any one give me some opinions on Pro Dive IDC in Ft. Lauderdale? Any current instructors have any suggestions for a good instructor school?
I'm currently 20yrs of age. PADI AOW/ 4 years certified with 150+ dives. And i'm seriously considering a career in scuba diving...it's what i do best...and besides, i'd like to see the world.

Any suggestions for a good training facility??
Bob Brayman's International Diving Career Institute?
Pro Dive?

I would appreciate some advice from the "pros".
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the 'Board rhaog. A bit of advice - check the dates on the threads. This thread is over 2 years old and might not be responded to again. :D

And don't worry, you're not the first to do this here. It's all part of the learning curve.

Dive-aholic:
Welcome to the 'Board rhaog. A bit of advice - check the dates on the threads. This thread is over 2 years old and might not be responded to again. :D

And don't worry, you're not the first to do this here. It's all part of the learning curve.
and the original poster is now an instuctor, so I don't think he needs the info anymore :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom