Is French Polynesia good for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm about to leave for Bora Bora so I'll give you a full report in a week when I get back but from my research the diving looks excellent. It's known for large stuff, you can dive with Mantra rays all year round, and turtles are common.

My wife and I LOVED diving at Bora Bora. Lots of big animals..... GOod times!

Jeff

great place for diving, clear water, big fish, lots of coral everywhere, black tipped sharks, lemon sharks, lots of rays, The amount of sea life you will see is amazing. don´t know your skill level, but I would recommend diving outside the reefs, the inside is very beatyfull but there is no big fish, on the outside you will see more sharks, rays, etc. even snorkeling you will see alot of corals and small fish. I personally prefer bora bora than morea, but you will find both are beautifull. for dive ops over there I can recommend TOPDIVE TOPdive - Your diving centers in Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Rangiroa and Fakarava They are on different islands so you can buy a package of multiple dives and use it on several islands, their service is great. have fun and a great dive!!!

I haven't been to Bora Bora since 1986, but the diving was really good then. I'm serving a sentence of 25 years to life for something I did in 1986, but am planning a trip back to Bora Bora in August 2011 to celebrate 25 years of incarceration. Does anyone have recommendations on places to stay? I stayed in a private house that was over the water on the north side of the island last time, but have lost contact with the owner's agent (the owners is also deceased; I didn't do it).

TOPDIVE-Bathys looks like a good operator, and I especially like it that they have "experimented diving instructors." I'm sure diving operations have improved significantly since 1986, and it looks like there are more dive site options.

Do they still talk funny?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom