Cost of Regulator Service???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whaler583

Reaction score
I am looking into buying some dive gear of my own. I am looking at an Oceanic Regulator and octo system. Is it safe to buy from a non-authorized Oceanic dealer? If so, how much will cost me annually to properly service my regulator? Thanks for the help.

I would check with Oceanic. You may void any sort of warrantly by not buying it from an approved dealer. I know that goes for some other companies like Aqualung but not 100% sure about Oceanic.
As for cost of maintenance, should be fairly cheap I think about $40 Canadian dollars so like $2 American:D

it'll cost far more than it should!
the dive industry has you by the short hairs as far as reg parts go.

No dealer is going to turn you down having a chance to service your regulator. If anyone asks where you got it, you bought it when you lived somewhere else. I've taken regs to dealers who don't sell them and they serviced them. They are also mail order houses that will service regs like Divers Direct. It's bull that someone will "turn you away or void the warranty". Buy what you want where you want.:mean:

from a company like Scubapro that INCLUDES the cost of parts in the warranty. My experience has been that the cost of parts can easily double the cost of the annual service which eats up initial cost savings really quickly. Any new reg from a top manufacturer will last you easily 10 and more likely 20 or even 30 years so don't worry as much about the initial price.

Back
Top Bottom