Sept 1, Midweek Tweek, and Sept 11, SPECIAL WEEKEND TWEEK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Date: Wednesday Sept. 1
Arrival time: 6:30-7
Place: Madrona park, just south of the Spectrum Dance Theater.

The time and place is same as usual (the beach just South of the Spectrum Dance Theater in Madrona Park on the beautiful shores of Lake Washington. People start showing up around 6:30pm and are mostly arrived by 7.

For gear tweeks and skill tune up (figuring out trim in new gear and stuff) we go out to 6' of water between the swim platforms where they've put down the milfoil net and its like a giant confined water area. We do that for 10-15 min, get stuff sorted out, and then head out for our the dive on the wall. The second part (the dive dive usually has a max depth of around 80-90 feet and its generally dark out by then, so having your second level cert (or night and moderate depth experience) is a good idea. We are here to mentor your existing skills, guide in GUE team style diving and help you practice/prepare for upcoming classes, we are not doing this as a replacement for appropriate instruction :)

you can see it here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcJAgdl61IE

After the dive, those wanting to review are invited to come hang at the divers den where we review the dive video, talk about diving, and fire up the BBQ. (about 3 blocks from the dive site)

and EVEN BETTER!!!

Date: SATURDAY, Sept. 4
Arrival time: TBA
Place: TBA

the following SATURDAY, Sept 4, we would like to invite you all to a meet and greet with our somewhat local GUE instructor GUY SHOCKEY!!!!! Come dive and have fun!! He's got some great stories to tell about finding some new wrecks in the tech 1 range up in B.C. (casualties, not artificial reefs) His group got out a week ago on a new target that ended up being a BARGE on end!!! starting in 70' of water and going down from there... How cool is that?!

So come out, have fun, bring your questions, bring your gear, and some BBQ stuff and it will be an awesome day!!!

Please RSVP if you are interested in the Saturday fun, so I can start making preparations...

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly recommend that anybody who is at all intrigued with this kind of diving, try to make the Saturday event with Guy. He's an EXTREMELY nice man with a wonderfully positive and constructive attitude toward diving and diving education -- plus, they've been doing some cool stuff up there in BC. I wish I could be there!

Looks like a great time! Wish I could come :)!

Due to the holiday weekend seeing a fair number of people escaping to the city for the weekend, we are moving the Sept 4 "dive and bbq with Guy Shockey" event to Sept. 11 (the following weekend).

our motley crew will likely still be diving the 3/4th, just without the special guest :)

Site and time to be announced.

i can't seem to figure out how to edit thread titles or i'd fix this one...

i know i've nearly done it accidentally before, but can't seem to figure out how to do it deliberately...

i can't seem to figure out how to edit thread titles or i'd fix this one...

i know i've nearly done it accidentally before, but can't seem to figure out how to do it deliberately...
Edited. PM sent if you need to change if further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom