• Yes...I use D.E.P.P

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Yes...but through another agency

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mars2u

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just purchased D.E.P.P. insurance for my equipment. I was wondering how many people have their gear insured against either flooding or loss.
Don't assume that your gear is covered under your homeowners. It very likely IS NOT.

Had a gal during our Palau trip lose her gear overboard when we hit a typhoon :( ...her homeowners didn't cover her and she was out all her new gear.

My wife and I have D.E.P.P. to cover our UW photography equipment. Thankfully, haven't had to make any claims against it.

DAN also offers equipment insurance ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have DEPP, though thankfully I haven't had to use them yet. Which reminds me, I need to update my equipment list on file with them...

Just a suggestion...but you might want to get the loss protection also. I'm going to bonaire in October and have been reading about people getting their stuff stolen. Another couple on our way back from Oahu had their gear stolen from their trunk even though they weren't diving but were parked in a public parking lot with a rental car.

2 incidences from people I know is a bit too much...and my gear is relatively new.

I think Dee had a claim with DEPP...was satisifed. Although she can be more detailed about her flooding situation.

Oh Dee to table 4 please...paging Dee to table 4.:D

OOPS...I think the loss insurance is mandatory if you get flood insurance with DEPP...sorry:rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom