NDI - Northwest Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat

Reaction score
Hi all! I am thinking of organizing a local dive for the ScubaBoarders in the Pacific Northwest. I am curios what kind of diving you would like to do if we were to get together? Boat? Shore? Picnic? (I know... we are running out of picnic weather). Also if you could suggest dates that you are available (October or November) & the number of divers with you that would be great!

-kate

May be able to get two people plus myself for a boat dive around the NW (preferably around Campbell River). Best dates would be Nov. 9-12 or 22-25. Since we would fly, two days of diving would be great.

Dave

Hi Dave, wow I'm glad that you'd be willing to fly in to meet us, but to tell you the truth, I was thinking of staying in the Puget Sound (like Hood Canal, Whidbey Island, or possibly San Juan Islands). I certainly would be interested in planning a "Big" trip or long weekend to BC for later this winter. I'll be diving Port Hardy the first week of October & will be sure to post a full report!

-kate

Kate, I'am hopeing to spend five months diving this winter, starting in Cozumel. Could we meet there? Puget Sound is to COLD (until I can go Dry). OK maybe next spring. Good Luck, would be fun.

don O

I'm in for a BOAT dive. I really hate shore diving in cold water because of all the weight we have to walk around in. I might suggest a commercial boat to Sunrise. If it is soon, there are lots of large octopus who have come up and kicked out the wolf eels. Yesterday, there were a few dogfish following us around. It's a short reef, though and multiple divers get in each others way (remember Keystone jetty?). And for best results it must be done during slack tide.

Also, I was reading a book (Northwest Boat Dives) and there may be a commercial boat that will go to Sund Rock. Didn't you go there recently? Can you recommend it?

Blake Island was good years ago when I went. It's in the North Sound.

Hi Scubakat,

Great idea, I didn't see this thread until today. I would be up for either a boat dive somewhere in Puget Sound, or a shore dive over at the Keystone Jetty on Whidbey Island.

Any weekend between 10/27 and the holidays would probably work for me, and Saturdays are definitely preferable. I might have as many as 3 dive buddies who could make it for a Saturday at Keystone. I hope this works out!!

Rick

Hi Rick & Becky!
I am glad that you are interested. I know of a few others who are interested in doing Keystone. I think that I am going to look at that site first, maybe find out about lodging or camping nearby too for dates in november. I'll try to pick a saturday with weak exchanges so that we can do multiple dives and/or stagger the divers in the water. I love diving on hood canal too, though I haven't heard of any commercial boats in that area. I haven't been to sunrise yet, but it's on my list!

-kate

Where's your Port Hardy dive report?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom