Best Sharm El Sheikh Dive Op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello there. We will be going to Egypt in October including a stop in Sharm El Sheikh for 4 days. We will be able to dive for 2 to 3 days out of Sharm el Sheikh and will probably be staying at either the Maritime Jolie Ville Golf Resort or the Red Sea Resort, which has a dive op on the premises. What is/are the best dive op(s) in the area or which do you recommend?

Thanks in advance! :)

I always recommend Oonas Dive Club if Sharm is your only stop for diving. I have been there numerous times over the years and have never felt the need to go try any other ops in Sharm. Good for inexperienced as well as advanced divers.

What do I base my thoughts on...my 15 years as an instructor and 40 years as a diver.

Thanks for your recommendation, jsex. I have confirmed that we are staying at the Maritime Jolie Ville Golf resort. Do you know how far Oonas is from there? If they are far (by walking) from there, do you know if they pick up from a resort? Thanks! :)

If you are in Sharm for more than a few days, you should try to get up to Dahab for some shore diving with Red Sea Shadow as your guide...

Actually I am doing a 5000 mile train trek from Istanbul to Addis ababa, Ethiopia so coming downwards from Aqaba, Jordan through the Sinai peninsula...planning stops at Dahab and Sharm :eyebrow: Unfortunately I will be there only in Jan 2011 and I think it's the wrong time to be diving the northern Red Sea but I hope conditions are not too bad... due to my itinerary I can't make it to Marsa Alam :(

If you are in Sharm for more than a few days, you should try to get up to Dahab for some shore diving with Red Sea Shadow as your guide...

I was in Sharm and Dahab in Feb of this year. Diving was to be done. Red Sea Shadow did a great job of showing me the best sites in Dahab and Oonas did their usual great work in Sharm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom