I Too Am Thinking of a Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot Dog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dive in the northeast on wrecks off Cape Cod. Anywhere from 30fsw to 150. I would use it primarily for sanding off parts of wrecks (a diver brought one out this last weekend, an Apollo I think, and it worked great). They are mighty expensive. For my use it is less about travelling and being pulled along and more about moving the sand. Thanks.

How much sand? Sea do might work a 10'x10'x2" area for you but beyond that you're probably looking at spending some money.

Some of the Seedoo's may work for that, but the batteries don't usually last very long (I do a lot of scootering with divers that have them). A used Oceanic Mako can also be found at a reasonable price & has a bit more power. I just got a new Hollis H-160 & I love it!, though it may be more than you are looking for both performance & price- wise.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the delay in getting back. Generally I would mosy around a wrech and try to blow off some areas that are 1-2 feet of sand to see what is underneath. Just trying to avoid shovelling so much. Wastes gas and can't really cover too much area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom