More Deco Reading?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've read "Deco for Divers" and will re-read it. The Oxygen window and a few other topics are still a bit hazy :)

Can you recommend other books going into Deco, theory and practice. For actual diving I'd like to stay with the DIR system, but am up for any good info/reading on the topic.

Some of the AINTD or TDI manuals maybe?

Thanks,

Henrik

GUE has a DVD. I don't have it, but I've heard Lynn(TS&M) speak highly of it.

IANTD has their encyclopedia. TDI's Deco Procedures manual is old and currently being redone.

I agree about the oxygen window--it took me several attempts at Powell's explanation on pp 131-135 to get my head around it. I think there are a typo or two in that section which make things murkier. I found the paragraph at the bottom of page 58 to contain the real take-home message.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers Ron.

I've seen the IANTD Encyclopedia mentioned before. Sounds like a substantial piece.

I looked around the GUE site for a publishing date for the DVD. Do you happen to know when it was made?

And I'll double check those pages in "Deco for Divers" - thanks for the pointers :)

Thanks,

Henrik

GUE has a DVD. I don't have it, but I've heard Lynn(TS&M) speak highly of it.
I don't think that's a real great dvd for general audiences. Really high level stuff.

I don't think that's a real great dvd for general audiences. Really high level stuff.

Do you know when it was produced? I'm wondering how up-to-date the content is.

Henrik

I have never read Deco for Divers, so I can't comment on how clearly the information is presented.

Coincidentally, Mark Powell (author of Deco for Divers) was a participant in a 2004 SB thread in the Dr. Deco Forum. He was asking Dr. Deco to explain the concept of the "oxygen window," since he didn't fully grasp it. Dr. Deco gave a very clear explanation of it. Review the thread here.

Do you know when it was produced? I'm wondering how up-to-date the content is.

Henrik
It's pretty current information. I've talked to a few people who have seen it and what I gathered is that unless you already understand the material, you won't understand it. It's JJ and a few PhD's just talking about various deco topics.

Hope I'm clear-- there's great information in it, it's just not user friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom