Ft. Pickens Clean-up Dive September 25th @ 09:00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had heard a rumor that Dive Pros was trying to organize a clean-up at Ft. Pickens so I emailed Merrick (the manager) and he confirmed. The clean up will be on September 25th at 09:00. The point of contact for the event will be CJ. Dive Pros Phone number is 850-456-8845. I know that dive shop politics in these types of events sometimes prevents some from coming because "their" particular shop isn't hosting the event. I hope that many of you avoid that nonsense and help to clean up Ft. Pickens because it is a responsible thing to do. Plus it's a good excuse to tell your significant other so you can get out of the house and dive :wink:. See ya'll there (heck, I even think my wife is going to join me on this one :D).

Low Tide for Saturday, September 25th is 08:35

27 views and still no interest????????

Just to make sure everyone understands, this is going to be an underwater clean-up of fishing line and other debri from the dive site.

I wish I could make it out! The last time I dove at pickens I surfaced with a wad of fishing line......it's all over the place

I viewed... its a good idea, and if I didn't have plans already(explorin), I'd be there.

I viewed... its a good idea, and if I didn't have plans already(explorin), I'd be there.

I will be exploring caverns the weekend after this(taking a cavern course) :D

I would be there, however I have Jeep Rock crawling plans that were made months ago for that weekend. Now if it were the first weekend in October......

I should be able to be there. I almost hooked myself there recently so if we can get all that junk up it will be great!

Back
Top Bottom