What to do ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flg8r90

Reaction score
I finally found a Tekna DV-3X. It is in it's original condition looks almost new. Seems extremely fast though I have no way to tell exactly how fast. It runs circles around my Dacor SV-900 / Apollo Av-1 not only speed wise but burn time as well. My dilema is this, I'm a hacker, tinkerer what ever you want to call it. I am going to either mod it, by reinforcing the bulkhead, taking out the light, inserting an Al or lexan plate, etc., or I completely tear it apart and build a tube scooter. I figure either way I'm going to have to take it apart. I've done a lot of reading on mods, so I have an idea as to what I would do there. Anyone else take one apart and build a tube scooter ? Are there any plans out there ? If you were to build one, what type of specs, like battery or construction materials, would you suggest. Any type of input would be appreciated.

You should not screw with it at least for a year or two . You will have a bucket of parts for how long , years . Add a tow line or tow bar and go diving . Good luck

Back
Top Bottom