Is Instructor Work Seasonal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
I've been considering a career as a dive instructor (in the Carribean or other relatively profitable geographic location - no, I don't expect to make a lot of money doing this ) for a while, and can't seem to get a clear answer on how the job is affected by the seasons. If I get into this, should I only expect work in the winter or summer? Anyone?

Thanks,
Aubrey

Instructor work is not seasonal if you are associated with appropriate dive center. Even in North Carolina we offer classes the entire year.
If we can do it in N.C. you can be sure they are doing it in the Carribean.

You will find that most instructor certifying agencies have placement services and can provide you with leads.

I have a few instructor friends that spend the northern hemisphere summer in the Mediterranean, and the winter in SE Asia. Malta goes pretty quiet in the winter.

Here in GC, there is a "busier" season, but not as drastic a change as elsewhere. Since staff are always coming and going, we simply plan the timing of our new hires to increase staffing slightly in our busier times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom