Free DIR Demo & Gavin Scooter demo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MHK

Reaction score
Fifth Dimension is hosting George Irvine and Andrew Georgitsis for a day of
demonstrations of the DIR gear configuration and Gavin scooters. This event
will take place in Seattle { Issaquah}, Washington on Saturday
September 27th from 9:00am until approximately 2:00pm..
Please contact Sonya or Mark at www.fifthd.com for information and I hope to
see many of you there as this promises to be a great day including a free
barbeque. There will be no charge for this demonstrations and all are
welcomed to attend. This is a great opportunity to ask any questions that
you may have relating to the DIR concept or Gavin scooters.

Thanks

Michael Kane

MHK once bubbled...
Fifth Dimension is hosting George Irvine and Andrew Georgitsis for a day of
demonstrations of the DIR gear configuration and Gavin scooters. This event
will take place in Seattle { Issaquah}, Washington on Saturday
September 27th from 9:00am until approximately 2:00pm..
Please contact Sonya or Mark at www.fifthd.com for information and I hope to
see many of you there as this promises to be a great day including a free
barbeque. There will be no charge for this demonstrations and all are
welcomed to attend. This is a great opportunity to ask any questions that
you may have relating to the DIR concept or Gavin scooters.

Thanks

Michael Kane

cya there :D

Mike,
Are there any plans in the works to hold a "Scooter demo" for those of us in the Midwest? I believe Gilboa would be just the spot:D

Best Regards
Don

Don,

Thanks for getting us back on track!

I would like to see the proper way to ride a scooter also. I'd be interested if this were ever to be a possibility.

Gearhead, two others and i will be the ones to be taking the first Gavin scooterclass Mark at 5th D has put together. so there is hope. :)

Detroit Diver,
I thought with as many folks that are (or soon will be) Cave certified, it would be a logical progression to have something like that in our neck of the woods.

Anyways... I thought you and WJL were doing just fine with the verbal smackdown of the facts on James...

Best Regards
Don

dcostanza once bubbled...
Mike,
Are there any plans in the works to hold a "Scooter demo" for those of us in the Midwest? I believe Gilboa would be just the spot:D

Best Regards
Don

That might actually get me to drive to ohio!

Cornfed

sheck33 once bubbled...
Gearhead, two others and i will be the ones to be taking the first Gavin scooterclass Mark at 5th D has put together. so there is hope. :)

Is DirF a requirement for the class? And I assume that is separate from the lecture/demo?

MD

NetDoc once bubbled...
from posting anything NOT pertaining to this event here. You may continue the sniping at each other here: An incredibly stupid thread...

For those with any questions, MHK is well within the TOS for www.Scubaboard.com . Have a great day.

NetDoc,

Thanks for the clarification. Some boards, in particular rec.scuba, get very frustrated whenever I post anything relating to DIR. More often then not I try especially hard to figure out the rules and play within the system. I was under the impression, and you confirmed it for me, that postings such as I posted where within the province of this board. In fact, I have been encouraged by several to post events such as this. Sadly, rec.scuba has been hijacked by some radical fanatics that freak out whenever the words "DIR" or "GUE" get posted so they invent reasons to perpatuate the myth that it's spam. Somewhat of an ad hoc group of radicals seem to have formed a self-serving "committee" to police a group that they promulgate is police free, to that end no matter how rational a post is, they find some self-serving reason to attack it. Fortunatley this list is much more clear about the rules, but to the extent that I crossed any such line I apologize since my intention was to announce a FREE demonstration to help educate divers in a wide variety of diving topics, and to help put a face to a name and a diving system that is often misunderstood on several scuba forums.

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,

Michael Kane

Back
Top Bottom