Hollis F1 3rd Gen Material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrk

Reaction score
I'm interested in these. I've been told by Hollis and others that these have been made with different materials over the last few years. The latest are made out of rubber, I hear just as heavy and neg as my Jets I've been using and love. I saw some this weekend. The shop could not tell me when they came in, and they felt/looked like a plastic rubber mix. They did not feel as heavy as my Jets. I want to buy a pair as I've heard good things, but can someone tell me how you can possibly tell if you're holding the latest generation? How about where I can buy a pair and be confident that they are solid rubber/3rd gen make?

I'm interested in these. I've been told by Hollis and others that these have been made with different materials over the last few years. The latest are made out of rubber, I hear just as heavy and neg as my Jets I've been using and love. I saw some this weekend. The shop could not tell me when they came in, and they felt/looked like a plastic rubber mix. They did not feel as heavy as my Jets. I want to buy a pair as I've heard good things, but can someone tell me how you can possibly tell if you're holding the latest generation? How about where I can buy a pair and be confident that they are solid rubber/3rd gen make?

Thanks for the questions. There was a small run of these early last year with a different compound, no major benefit or disadvantage either way and both tested the same weight in and out of water. While there could be a few of the old style still lingering, any F1's shipping from our factory are with the improved rubber compound.

Hope this helps.

I have had these fins for 6 mos now after demo'ing them at Vortex Springs. All I can say is that I have been extremely happy with them and their performance. The foot pocket is much bigger and I don't have the pressure issues with my feet that I had with my Jets. I highly recommend them and have yet to have any trouble with any tears or wear issues.

Carolyn:shark2:

Which is the newest style?

This one or this one?

I just got the first one, but one of the LDS here has the second one so I'm confused.

The manufacturers don't always update their sites which is why I'm asking.

Mine are all black, so I am not really sure which fin is the newest. I would PM Nick from Hollis and ask him yourself for the most accurate response.

C:shark2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom