Dive Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clouddancerss

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering getting into scuba diving again after many years, and possibly becoming an instructor.Are there people that do freelance instruction? Is that allowed? Is this a decent part-time, if not full-time income? Thanks a lot!

Yes you can become an independent scuba diving instructor. Like any business, it's success is dependent on a host of factors. PM me for your location, and how many dive shops are in your area, and where they dive. If you want to be successful in business, you have to do research.

I mostly teach my friends and family for free (or cost price). But I have done some independent teaching and charged a good fee too :wink:

I think you could make a lot money offering special small group classes. Depending on what costs you have to cover for gear and transport you can charge around $400 per person for an Open Water Course and you only have to pay PADI about $50.

If you do your homework and are motivated enough you could easlity rake the $$$$ in!!

I think if you can pull in the customers, teaching independantly is a better way to go than teaching as part of a dive centre.

Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom