California Lobster Season...woooppeee!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dscuba

Reaction score
Bug season starts at midnight this coming Friday in California. Is anyone in the Southern California area going to be out this weekend to catch some dinner???

Have you ever noticed that the bugs know just when to hide??? Plentiful all over OUT of season, but quite scarce in season... go figure.

:tease:

I hear everyone talk about this bug hunting I have yet this year heard of anyone getting a bug.

I was doing a search one afternoon, ok I was lost, and came across a small calander with the 30th circled it was red and printed on water proof paper.

Anyone on the East coast know the Season / rules for bug hunting off the NJ coast?

Thanks in advance for the info.

SpyderTek

--- fishkiller ---

I was lucky enough to catch 5 legal size lobster on my first night out (Saturday). I ended up only keeping three of them ( no need to be greedy, and I only had to feed two other people ). It was MUCH easier to catch these spiny lobster than it is to catch the armed version on the east coast. It seems these bugs out here can't quite fight back as much!

Looks like there will be lots of lobster on the menu at my place for the coming months!

Well done DSCUBA

I truly wish that I could've joined you, two weeks ago I was practicing by catching crayfish.

Now let's talk about those two that were freed...I had butter garlic potatoes all waiting still waiting in the fridge next to the grill..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom