Inline CO Monitors in Sharm El Sheikh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are there any dive shops in Sharm El Sheikh with an inline CO (carbon monoxide) monitor?

I will be diving in Sharm El Sheikh in about 3 weeks. I've emailed Oonas and Shark's Bay Umbi, which were recommended to me as good dive shops, and both have replied that they do not have an inline CO monitor. Any idea who might have one?

Does anyone know if the recent oil spill :( north of Hurghada will affect the Sharm El Sheikh area any time soon?

Thanks! :)

Haven't heard of any inline CO monitors in the area. Do you have a portable CO tester you can use to analyze your tank?

Hi Cruiser, I don't have a portable CO tester. My LDS's have inline CO monitors, so I haven't needed one around here... It seems a little complicated to use, so I haven't really wanted my own and I wasn't sure about travelling with the setup. I did do a little research and thought the Toxi-RAE 3 might be the best one to have, followed by the Oxycheq... but no, I don't have one.

Doubt you'd find an inline CO monitor anywhere in Egypt. Or Europe. Its a niche american thing i think.

Hi Cruiser, I don't have a portable CO tester. My LDS's have inline CO monitors, so I haven't needed one around here... It seems a little complicated to use, so I haven't really wanted my own and I wasn't sure about travelling with the setup. I did do a little research and thought the Toxi-RAE 3 might be the best one to have, followed by the Oxycheq... but no, I don't have one.

Ayisha--

I bought the Analox portable CO tester for when I travel to Mexico, Bahamas, Roatan, Aruba. Now I'm using it to test every tank, even those I get locally from my LDS.

I thought it would be complicated to use, so I got in touch with Patti at Analox (patti.clarkson@analox.biz) and she answered all my questions, especially about all the extra costs involved with maintenance.

You just put the unit up to the valve, crack it open for a stream of air and wait until the readout stabilizes. This takes a few seconds, probably 10-15. That's your reading. It stores well in a Pelican box.

When shopping around for analyzer, I needed one that would be simple to use, and take a quick reading. This one does all that and I'm happy with it :)

I don't think you'll find the CO monitor anywhere in Sharm.

The oil spill will not affect Sharm.
So? :confused: Pretty irrelevant. Electric compressors are quiet capable of producing CO as they get warmed up, even more so in warmer climes, but Canada has had problems.
Doubt you'd find an inline CO monitor anywhere in Egypt. Or Europe. Its a niche american thing i think.
Not exactly true. The legal maximums allowed in scuba air...
United States: 10 ppm

UK: 3 ppm

Much of Europe: 15 ppm

Canada: 5 ppm but changing to 3

The rest of the world: Not yet​
Sorry that change is just now happening Ayisha, but the new Analox EII CO: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe. will be out in a few weeks, and I'll be testing my tanks even if I see them filled personally with the Clear inline unit operating, just in case of whatevers.

So? :confused: Pretty irrelevant. Electric compressors are quiet capable of producing CO as they get warmed up, even more so in warmer climes, but Canada has had problems.
What exactly is irrelevant? :confused:

If you talk about the oil spill, then it's a totally different story that has nothing to do with compressors.

What exactly is irrelevant? :confused:

If you talk about the oil spill, then it's a totally different story that has nothing to do with compressors.
I owe you an apology. I missed the oil spill question in her post. :blush:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom