Recommendation - Upper Keys and Resort Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xnavyss

New
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I posted earlier asking for advice on scuba instruction near Marco Island, Fl for my wife the second week of September.

After talking to a few folks, it was recommened we consider the upper keys since we would be about 2 to 3 hours away.

After having looked at some web sites for the upper keys, most dive shops offer what is called a " Resort Course " which includes concrete pool instruction and 2 tank dives for about $150.00.

Does anyone have have any suggestions for a particular dive shop in the Upper Keys?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe Serpico

No positives, but one negative. I had a pretty horrible experience with the dive operator co-located with the Marriott on Key Largo a while back. Sorry, can't remember their exact name though. I'll avoid them if I'm ever back in the area.

My wife did a Resort course with them, & liked it enough to go back the next month & get certified. I have also done my AOW & several specialties with them.
The Instructors name is Brent & he is super. Very safety minded, and very patient. I strongly recomend him.

See their Website below..

And NO, I have no connection with them other than I dive with them when I go to the Keys.

http://www.bluewaterdiver.net/

Good Luck & dive safe...

I got my first diving experience with a dive shop in Islemorada about a year and a half ago. They were the ones that trained an old Marine buddy of mine. Good folks very open to everything you had to say very non rushed learning atmosphere. I liked them so much I went and took my AOW course with them and plan to do my Rescue with them as well.

Oceanquestdivecenter.com

... either Paradise Charters (Capt. Bob )or Atlantis (Bruce Kleiber). Both are freindly safe ppl who will work with you . Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom