Hood Canal Boat Dive 8/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic

Contributor
Reaction score
Have one spot left on my boat for a boat dive in Hood Canal for this Saturday will be doing a 3 tank dive Pulali Point, Rosies Ravine, and Flag Pole Point anyone interested please let me know soon. :wacko:

-SS

We couldn't get to Pulali Pt Friday. The Navy was playing with torpedos there.

We were on the east wall Saturday morning though.

MD

We did Sponge Hill :wacko: and , Flag Pole Point, and Rosies Ravine !!!! had a great time and went to Pleasant Harbor for Pizza in between #2 & #3 dive.

Did you ask Don about Sponge Hill????

-SS

Scubasonic once bubbled...
We did Sponge Hill :wacko: and , Flag Pole Point, and Rosies Ravine !!!! had a great time and went to Pleasant Harbor for Pizza in between #2 & #3 dive.

Did you ask Don about Sponge Hill????

-SS

Yes, but we weren't diving doubles or mix this time out. Just some rec stuff. He'll take us out if/when we can schedule us and the current/weather to all come together. As we're 5 hours away, we have to plan quite a bit in advanceHe also mentioned another spot he would like checked out that starts at 160'.

How deep are you going at Sponge SS, and what's off the apex of the site?

We did Rosie's Friday morning, then The Pinnacles. Wish we could have met you guys Saturday, as we were done and back in around 11:00.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
How deep are you going at Sponge SS, and what's off the apex of the site?

MD

MD,

Lots of Cloud Sponges Bolders and some rock sheer walls, Where was the dive that starts at 160'?????:confused:

-SS

MD,

Lots of Cloud Sponges Bolders and some rock sheer walls, Where was the dive that starts at 160'?????:confused:

-SS

Don didn't say, other than he wanted to know what was there. I'll see what more I can find out and let you know. He wasn't too sure if he could even hook it, so I don't think he's tried yet.

MD

Where was the dive that starts at 160'?????:confused:

-SS

From Don:

For the other seamounts, the chart indicates there might be something at 47 42.290N 122 52.124W. That's just south and east of the Pinnacle. Also have him look at a chart in the area of sponge hill, there are a couple more possibles just to the northeast with the top at about 160.

Let me know what you think.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

From Don:

For the other seamounts, the chart indicates there might be something at 47 42.290N 122 52.124W. That's just south and east of the Pinnacle. Also have him look at a chart in the area of sponge hill, there are a couple more possibles just to the northeast with the top at about 160.

Let me know what you think.

MD

Thanks I will check it out.

-SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom