Fully Intact Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anassrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been diving the shores of NS for the past two years and I have dived some very interesting sites. The one common thing that I noticed is that most of the wrecks in the area are beaten up quiet a bit and the majority are flat wrecks. I wanted to start a thread for anyone to post a wreck dive that they have done in NS or NB that has a 3D wreck.

The three wrecks that I am familiar with are Saguanay (Lunenburg), Letitia (Portuguese Cove) (beaten up a fair bit though) and Grand Narrows (Cape Breton).

Also please provide directions and any dive info. Thanks!

The Arrow off Arichat has some nice structure, and also the Halfish (tech dive) near Halifax. Both are covered with a lot of marine life as well!

The Arrow is within recreational limits..and of course the Sag and the barge at Grand Narrows are as well.

The Arrow is probably the best bet for a 3d wreck. I haven't been there for 20 years or so. Much of what I remember may be gone but the pictures I've seen lately show it to still be a very nice dive.

Drive over to Newfoundland and dive the Bell Island Wrecks, 4 very large ships from WW2 and all are in great shape sitting upright.

There is a wreck in Country Harbour call the Finchley, went to the bottom in 1844 or around there. When this wreck was re-discovered in the 90s it was amazing, a wooden wreck with an intact hull sitting up-right in sand at 90 ft. or so. The ship's wheel still in place and lots of the structure not yet collapsed. We dove it from our zodiacs and one time we chartered a local fisherman to take use out. Not many wrecks from that time still in tact and I don't know if it is still in the same condition now. I would love to get back on her perhaps next year. If I do head out there I will let you know and you can join us.
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom