DIR People ticked me off again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So, few weeks ago, I'm helping teach an AOW class at Blue Grotto. There's an instructor there teaching Fundi's 1 to 4'ish cave divers.

And let me just say:
You guys were friggin awesome. You looked like fighter jets flying in formation. I've never seen such precision. Swimming forward, backwards, pivoting in a circle. Holy Crap i'm jealous for your mad skills.

So here's what I'm ticked off about...
I'm going to have to pay for another certification. :(

:rofl3::rofl3: I love the title.

And yes, I was in your shoes, not the instructor shoe but in the ticked off shoe, last year. :)

Earlier this year, our NC boat captain told my buddies and I we looked like sky divers during our ascents.

probably one of doug mudry's classes. he's pretty dang good in the water :)

Good thread title!

I know I looked at my first GUE-trained diver and said, "I want me some of that . . . " I've never looked back!

Congrats! Money well spent for this C card!!

First time out with DIR divers their skills were so mesmerizing, I didn’t even notice the fish :).

Your post reminds me of an experience a year later down in Mexico diving with a new GUE insta buddy; a Fundies diver from Singapore.

It was a typical guided vacation OW dive. An old veteran instructor with a huge camera was on board. My partner and I devoted the dive to skill practice to synch up before entering the cenote caverns.

But we quickly found our skill review the subject of an hour long photo shoot, with both DM and other guided client constantly watching. At some point we ascended and shot our SMB mid water – the photographer and just kept kicking around us snapping what seemed like hundreds of pictures.

Thanks to GUE Fundies I guess we looked pretty good, with all that attention we certainly felt a little bit like celebrities :)!

You’re going to love all the precision and efficiency!

Have fun!

And here I was all prepared to move this to Whine and Cheeze...

Good thread title!

I know I looked at my first GUE-trained diver and said, "I want me some of that . . . " I've never looked back!

Yanno it's funny ... I'd been diving with GUE-trained divers for a couple of years before I had that reaction. Thought I had a pretty good handle on what it was all about, although up to that point I refused to give up my beloved Apollo Biofins. Then one day Laurynn (seaingreen) asked me to buddy up with her for a video shoot for some TV show. She was filming mussel and oyster beds down in Hood Canal. I watched her disapper in between the strings of hanging mussels ... then about 10 second later watched as she backed out ... still filming. It was one of the most beautiful maneuvers I've ever seen underwater. Then I had the same thought ... "I want me some of that" ...

A week later I bought Turtles and signed up for Fundies ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

And here I was all prepared to move this to Whine and Cheeze...

after all the outages at work today, the stupid drivers in seattle, my trigger finger was definitely itchy when i read the title...

got me...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom