doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on the type of BC you have. I believe that The zeagles make you replace the soft backplate with one designed for doubles. Some of the other manufacturers have you replace the existing tank straps and yet other do not allow for doubles at all.

Are you wanting to use independant doubles or use a manafold? If you want to manifold your doubles you will also need to get tank bands, the rigging is a little more complicated on a soft back BC.

Let us know what BC you have an we can offer some more informations.

Hey Kubefish...

Most single tank BCs (recreational) are not intended for use with doubles. The issue is not just bolting them in place, but also how much bouyancy the BC provides. If you want to dive dualies, then upgrade your BC to a tech version. I love my OMS which was designed around doubles, and find that it can handle a single tank without any problems. That way I get to enjoy my diving either way.

:tease:

Originally posted by kubefish
how do you rig double 80's on a bc that is normally used for a single 80 tank?

Step 1) Sell your existing BC on eBay.
Step 2) Buy a backplate and a wing.

I've told this to more than a few people who have not listened to me and thrown good money after bad.

Many BC manufacturers sell a "doubles conversion" for some of their BCs. After my friends ignored step 1 above despite my advice and bought the conversion they ended up back at step 1, only they had now spent money on the conversion, too.

If you're moving to doubles, skip the "fashion tek" that most BC manufacturers produce and get a backplate.

Trust me, you'll wonder how the soft BC manufacturers stay in business once you see how simple, reliable and comfortable a backplate is (despite its looks).

Roak

Of course you can always build your own set up for about $5 - $10 and have a stronger system than if you were to buy bands. I have photos and a description of my design posted on Diverlink back in June. If you're interested, go to
Diverlink and follow the thread for a step by step description. I don't use bands, or wings and I've been diving this exact set up since early '89.

WWW™

Originally posted by kubefish
how do you rig double 80's on a bc that is normally used for a single 80 tank?

Duct tape makes everything work.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom