Amphibico Phenom Video Housing + lights + Sony FX1 etc, full HDV kit ready to travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
PLEASE SEARCH EBAY FOR THE SAME SALE UNDER THE SAME TITLE AS THIS THREAD

RE SHIPPING: FLY TO US TO COLLECT - IT WILL BE CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN...

Kit sold as is, in photo...

1 x Amphibico Phenom
1 x Sony FX1
2 x Amphibico Discovery 10 Arc lights
2 x Amphibico Discovery light arms
4 x Sony batteries NP-F570
1 x Sony battery NP F970
1 x 0.5x WA lens
spare o-rings
1 x amphibico / pelican travel case
1 x UWK flight case

and more.............

Used to shoot TV shows, documentaries and a Movie... this is THE package that everyone is still after...

Slight wear and tear to the aesthetics of the housing... functionality never compromised...

Amphibico Phenom FXZ1 Underwater Camera Housing and Sony FX1

Reason of sale: Upgrading

Housing Features from the manufacturer:

• Designed for professional underwater use
• 14 Electronic push button controls to access over 25 functions
• 3 Mechanical push button controls
• Proportional Manual Focus
• Proportional Manual Zoom
• Manual Iris
• Manual Gain
• Manual Shutter Speed
• Power On/Off
• VCR Mode (Play, Rewind, F-Foward, Stop, Pause)
• Index Markers
• Menu Control Panel
• Sensitive Dual Hydrophones
• Water sensor alarm
• Tally light flashes green while filming
• 2.5X magnified viewfinder w/adjustable dioptric control
• Bayonet Mounted Lens System
• Standard Dome/Flat port lens with full zoom-through capability
• 3 Auxiliary ports
• 2 x flip filters capability

Left Hand Grip Controls:

• Proportional Manual Focus Wheel
• Video Lights on/off - for left and right light arms
• Review
• Screen Display
• Index Markers

Right Hand Grip Controls:

• Record/Standby
• Wide-Angle/Telephoto
• Proportional variable zoom
• White Balance
• Manual/Momentary Auto Focus
• VCR functions

Camera features from manufacturer:

Real Time HD Codec Engine
File compression maintains trueness of images Sony's Real Time HD Codec Engine lets you record and playback HD images. This remarkably small and energy efficient technology uses MPEG2 compression technology to handle HD images at the same bit rate as the DV format, all while maintaining image quality. The Real Time HD Codec Engine provides you versatility in format handling and truer images for increased viewing pleasure.
HDV 1080i Compatible Camcorder
Allows you to capture HD video in a broad range of styles, for an exceptional level of creativity in your shots. The features provide the control that you would expect of a professional grade camcorder, opening up a whole realm of possibilities.
HDV/DV Switching System
Record and playback in both formats, with this camcorder you can record and playback in HDV 1080i and the original DV format as well. So now you can enjoy HDV and DV recording in one camera.
Wide Super HAD 3CCD
Advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD functionality greatly improves the performance of the camcorder. With this technology comes an on-chip micro-lens, on top of the CCD sensor that increases the light focusing rate.
More defined digital HD images are achieved through a 3CCD Camera System which separates light that enters the lens into the 3 primary colors of red, green and blue. Sony has also included Semi-conductor technology with a great developed 16:9 aspect ratio, and 1.12M total pixels; all of which work to increase the feel of your footage.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
With the advanced multi-layer optical coating system, the Vario-Sonnar T* lens improves the contrast and color of your footage greatly. The lens reduces the Ghosting effect and flair by up to 80%, and lets more light through for much sharper images.
Better Viewing and More Control
Combines the right balance of manual and automatic controls to help you use the functions of your camcorder to their best. You have the best of both worlds; automatic control function for moments when you want to capture a simple shot, and full control functions for when you need to manually adjust camera controls to achieve a unique effect.
3.5" Hybrid LCD
You can use the monitor to check wide-angle shots in digital HD. Because it is a hybrid system, you can still see the LCD monitor outside even on the brightest and most sunny days. With 250,000 pixels. Even more, it is located above and in front of the handle, which has it placed on the same eye-level as the viewfinder for even greater ease.
Cinematic Features
Cinematic features alter the visual characteristics of the footage by configuring how the camera responds to lighting, changes in focus, and the rate at which frames are displayed. The cinematic features include pre-programmed recording settings so that quality footage can be captured in a variety of environments.
CineFrame Recording
Provides the option of recording video at either 30 fps or with a feeling of film-like 24 fps (frames per second).
Shot Transition
Allows for a smooth automatic scene transition. Settings for focus, zoom, iris, gain, shutter, and white balance can be set to the A/B button and a smooth transition will take place according to the set time. This function enables the focus to gradually shift from the front of the screen to a deeper part of the screen.
Expanded Focus Indicator
The camera's LCD image is magnified, temporarily, up to 4x its original size without any loss of distortion. This allows the user more finite control while focusing the camera for greater detail and clarity.
Large Eye Viewfinder
A LCD panel is utilized in the Eye viewfinder to allow wide-angle digital HD shots to be viewed. Additionally, with the size of the eyepiece increased, you can see images even while wearing glasses - further light-excluding ability and visual abilities can be achieved with a large eyecup accessory. Again, with 250,000 pixels of resolution, you can view the fine details of your video subjects.

Just a few ? 1. Do you still have 2. Do you have any pics of the set. 3. Is this a USA Cam. Thanks Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for the message, I will answer your questions in order

yes, this item is still available

I'm not allowed to post URLs in here, for some reason... either search eBay for my sale ("Amphibico Phenom Video Housing + lights + Sony FX1") or email me (chris(atsign)waterworksproductions(dot)biz) and I will send you the photo... sorry to be of any inconvenience.

This is a 1080 50i (Euro) model... I have shot and then converted to 60i in post and didn't notice any problems with the footage...

The set includes a wide angle lens, 3 diopters (+2, +3 and a +4 - for a total of +9 magnification capabilities) and the two lights with arms...

a true bargain, it's ready to roll fresh out of the box - impossible to find a similar set for a similar price...

thanks again, for your message

you may send reply emails to chris(atsign)waterworksproductions(dot)biz, if you wish...

Best regards

Chris

Back
Top Bottom