Equipment Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did my equipment exchange skill last night with a fellow DMC.

That was fun in a stressful way. I was pretty much out of air about 2-3 times during the skill, but managed it well....I want to do it again though.

My buddy kept floating away because he didnt wear enough weight to keep his arse on the pool bottom..heheh

Any one else have any experiences they want to share with this skill?

:eek:

Jason

nt

I wore my back inflate...

2 reasons...not that I feel I need to explain, but I WANT TOO!!

1) Would need to adjust it and then adjust it again

2) Chlorine

jepuskar once bubbled...
I wore my back inflate...

2 reasons...not that I feel I need to explain, but I WANT TOO!!

1) Would need to adjust it and then adjust it again

2) Chlorine
Some feel they are harder to deal with in rescue/gear exchange situations and I wanted to see how you dealt with it and how your possibly non-bp/wing aware buddy dealt with it.

My buddy was wearing a Dive Rite setup....and he ended up getting it all situated on me while I just sat there...lol, felt like I was in the 9th grade again having my mom dress me...oops, meant 1st grade...

We would still be down there if I had to figure it out.

O-ring, whats been up man...how come you dont call me at home anymore..are you still mad about what happened?

O-ring, whats been up man...how come you dont call me at home anymore..are you still mad about what happened?
...but I am not calling until I don't have to use the donut pillow to sit on anymore.

I warned you, but at the time you didnt seem to mind.

My power inflator is still messed up from that incident. Wasn't that your idea? Whenever I go to inflate now, it just sticks in the open position and I am forced to dump rather quickly.

It can get quite messy.

:eek:

:D

O-ring once bubbled...

...but I am not calling until I don't have to use the donut pillow to sit on anymore.

Although the door is open, I'm not going there. :D

But back to the equipment exchange, the first time I did it was pretty stressful but it definitely gets easier. I think the trick is to stay calm and do things very slowly. Breathing is priority. Even if you get halfway through a step and you have to stop for a breath, it's better to do it again after you get some gas.

It's a fun skill to do after you learn to do it properly. Having a smooth operating buddy helps alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom