Does anyone have experience with x-tream?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The last reference I found was a year old.

Has any one had experience with this $199 unit, or the company? I have read the complaint reference in here.

They have a 30-day warranty on the unit as a whole. Not a lot of faith there, huh? They're using sealed lead acid batteries which are fairly reliable and cheap, but rather bulky and heavy (low energy density). But for 200 clams, not much risk there either. I've never used one; the few comments I saw were positive.

I would stay away from xtream the only good thing is the price. I had a dive buddy purchase one to save money over the seadoo and it leaked on the first dive to 30 feet. After sending it back and many emails/phone calls later finally got a new one at no cost. It leaked on the first dive also, the company would not stand behind it after that and he ended up with a seadoo and lost his money. the company would not do anything for him. Spend the money and get the seadoo. I have 5 seadoo's on my boat that get used everyweekend some are the old 65' yellow ones, 100' blue/gray and 100+' brown models and have never had trouble with any of them. I know the seadoo is not top of the line but for the money and what it does you can't beat them. Have you looked at the new bladefin? I dont know anything about them but they look interesting. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom