Utility Pouch Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pvs.A Diving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking of picking up the HTS II and was thinking of getting one of the Hollis utility pouches to go with it. My question for anyone who has one or for Nick, is this pouch big enough to hold say a finger spool and/or a secondary light? About what is the size of this pouch. Would I be better off going with a (cough..cough competitors name here) pocket? I know the HTS has enough D rings to hook up all my gear but sometimes I would like to stash some away rather than look like a Christmas tree heading for a dive.

Thanks in adavance!

Alfred.

P.S. Nick, I just picked up the DC1/212 and the 321 Octo...waiting for them to arrive. Very excited!!

While we're coughing up competitors

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Bellows Horizontal Pocket w/Daisy Chain
I use one of those. Holds dive tables, 2 finger spools and a backup light no problem.
If you only use one wetsuit, I'd consider buying a couple of thigh pockets for drysuits and gluing them on there, or using these
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Thigh Pocket w/Daisy Chain

Basically the same thing that you were looking at, but have the straps for thigh mounting them. Convenient if you use a bunch of different exposure suits, or if you dive in a bathing suit but still want your thigh pockets.

Thanks Saxplayer. Yeah, those are some the pockets I was considering...Still hoping that someone can shed some light on the Hollis pocket dimensions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom