Liveaboards in Egypt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbles01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are thinking of booking a liveaboard in the Red Sea for next year. Has anyone got any recommendations for liveaboards in Egypt? We have never been on a liveaboard befoe so want something which would be a good introduction to this type of diving.

We do want a fairly big boat simply because my husband is 6 foot 6 and so he needs space! We have been looking at the Blue Horizon by 02 today. Has anyone been on this boat? What is it like?

Also has anyone been on the 'Wrecks and Reefs' tour? Is this evenly split between the wrecks and reefs?

Thank you for all your help.

Yes I do work for blue o two and I'm more than happy to help. Also you can have a look at my personal website WELCOME TO AZIAB for more info. There you find pages on Liveaboard Diving, Marine Life, Dive Site Maps and more. Asser can help out better than I can regarding the other side.

...a...

We did a week last year on the MV Tala (Red Sea Explorers). I simply can't speak highly enough of the experience. The boat is comfortable -- it's not luxurious, but everything works. The food was good -- not haute cuisine, but plentiful and tasty. But the dive op? That ROCKED. I have never been around people who worked as tirelessly to make sure that every possible drop of fun was extracted from every opportunity to get in the water. We dove wrecks and reefs and sometimes wrecks AND reefs, and we scootered and we monkey-dived. We swam with dolphins and saw hammerheads and thresher sharks. We dove Nitrox (and helium) and tanks were full and mixes were spot on. We dove off the RIBs and off the boat; both were easy and the crew knew just how to facilitate entries and exits. And the people . . . the guides were fun, the video folks were fun, the 3D dive briefings were FABULOUS, and the video reviews at night were wonderful.

And I thought the price was very reasonable.

I'd love to go back. And you won't find me in the Red Sea on any other boat.

I'll add another vote for Blue O Two. I was on a "Deep South" itinerary on Blue Melody in early June this year. Their boats are really well-run and very comfortable. Well-maintained and very clean. Dive guides were skilled and well-informed about the sites we were visiting. They did a good job of evaluating the divers on board and giving each the proper amount of independence based on skill level. Good food and plenty of it. Comfortable berths with in-suite bathrooms. The 2 guys I dive with during the trip had been on Blue Horizon the previous year and said Horizon and Melody were very comparable in terms of comfort and service levels. If I plan another Red Sea trip in the future, I would absolutely go with Blue O Two again.

Since you are in the UK....spend some time on Yorkshire Divers (http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/content/) = lots of Blue O Two fans and trip reports on there.

Chris
(I work in Maidenhead...likely not too far from you).

We did a week last year on the MV Tala (Red Sea Explorers). I simply can't speak highly enough of the experience.

I've done some research, hoping to be able to go on a liveaboard a week or two the next winter.

Is MV Tala / Red Sea Explorers suitable for recreational divers or is it too much oriented towards tech diving?

Can't go wrong with BlueO2. All English speaking,great food, good guides. You pay a bit more but as usual, you get exactly what you pay for. Also check out Tony Backhurst and Scubatravel.com.
Deep South is a great itinerary.

I just got back from 2 week trip a week on land and week on board Emperor Divers liveaboard, I highly recommend them I have been there twice and I have arranged several groups there. They are top notch. We did the wrecks and Reefs it was a fabulous trip.

I'll be glad to help with any questions you may have both land and Red Sea. Feel free to send me PM or call 336-505-1127

here is their website Red Sea Diving with Emperor - dive resorts, liveaboards & PADI courses

Back
Top Bottom