Travel Buddy for Fiji 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Madrone

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi I am planning a 2 week trip end of January 2011 around 27th January. So far my thinking has been one week at Waidroka Resort, diving and surfing, great deal $1099 for a week includes all meals, diving and accommodation. Based on Double occupancy of course.

Then I was thinking the Garden Island Resort in Taveuni for a week to dive Rainbow Reef and areas, they have a deal right now this is the deal:
Garden Island Resort- Only $1029.00 per person
7 nights in an Oceanview room
Continental breakfast
Airport transfers
5 days of two tank boat dives
Hotel Taxes
Bonus Includes:
30-minute massage pp (must use first 2 days/non-transferable)
9 holes of Golf at Soqulu Golf & Country Club w/Pizza Lunch
Prices are based on double occupancy and subject to availability
Conditions:
Travel valid until March 31, 2011
Deposit is due by March 31, 2010
Minimum stay 7nights

Anyone interested in the trip airfare LAX to Taveuni is about $1200 inclusive of taxes right now with Air Pacific. About me, female avid sailor and love to dive warm water only. Pretty experienced diver, more on the wilder side, not conservative at all. More of a left artist type. Im fun and outgoing. I usually always travel alone, the single supplement is about $350 so a buddy would be good, men or woman is fine. Send me a message is you are interested in all or part of the trip. I am San Francisco Bay Area so if you are local to me even better... cheers Madrone

I was at the Garden Isle Resort last March and the diving and accommodations were great. I went on what looks like the same package, including the golf. You will have a great time.

My wife said I can't go unless I want to see the flashing side of her AR-15.

LOL tell your wife, she could have an adventure of her own while you are gone. heheh

Very tempting, but I'm already in the doghouse for taking two cave diving trips to Florida this year without her (she hates caves). It's already cost me a trip to Bora Bora next August. The things I have to do to keep my wife happy...:wink:

Hi Madrone,
Sounds like fun! My wife and I are heading to New Zealand from Vancouver and plan to be stopping over in Fiji around that time. Still trying to decide on where to stay and dive but it looks like you've found some good options. We'd love to join up with you for some diving. I'll send you a message and we'll go from there. Anyone else in Fiji around that time let us know - maybe a group discount is in the works!

What I really need is a room mate as the offers are double occupancy. I only get the prices above if based on double occupancy. LOL its tough if you travel alone.

Is your date set in stone? Can it be a week later? I'm still working out the travel date/time math but it would be muuuuch easier if we could do it the following week.

Any chance?

Andre

Hi,

I will be travelling around Australia and New Zealand around that time so I might be interested in coming along to Fiji, I had been looking into it.

Send me an email or add me on facebook so we can have a chat about it. I'll PM my email address.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned :)

Speak soon,
Regards,
Mark

P.S. a little info about me, I'm 27, male, love diving and photography, PADI Divemaster, up for a laugh :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom