New to the area- Navarre Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airstream

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Morning everybody! Just moved from Metro Atlanta to Navarrre Beach and looking for dive buddies. I am pretty flexible when it comes to dive times......I have my own equipment and compressor....looking to explore the area.....hit me up!

Welcome to Deep Dixie. We have alot of great places to dive in this area. We are lucky to have great shore dives, offshore dives, and springs. We schedule dives on this site frequently, feel free to join us on a dive. Twice a year we have a big get together (Vortoberfest and Springfest). Votoberfest is kicking off this coming weekend (Oct 8-10) at Vortex Springs. Most people camp at Vortex Springs and hit various spring dives, shore dives, or join in on the boat charter.

There is a great little shore dive close to you at Ft. Pickens Jetties. The fort is on a state park and it costs $8.00 to get in or pay $25.00 for an annual pass (well worth it).

Last edited:
+ 1 for VortoberFest. Even if you can't make it for the whole weekend, you should try to make it to the cookout on Saturday and introduce yourself around.

Welcome to Florida. I too live in Navarre. PM me some time and I'll show you around!

Welcome to the panhandle! If you haven't already taken a cavern class, you may want to explore that option. It will open up a lot of dive sites to you so even when the gulf doesn't have the best conditions for diving, you could head north and still get wet!

Welcome to the panhandle! If you haven't already taken a cavern class, you may want to explore that option. It will open up a lot of dive sites to you so even when the gulf doesn't have the best conditions for diving, you could head north and still get wet!

Plus 68-70 degree water in the springs beats 53 degree water in the Gulf during the colder months :wink:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do have a cavern cert and started cave training but my buddy in GA couldn't commit the time. I do also have a drysuit. Anyone dive the Navarre Pier? Is there any rubble from the old pier?

MRXRAY is the best one to give you a tour of how the pier rubble is situated. There is rubble to the left of the pier, and it covers and uncovers with sand depending upon Gulf tides and storms.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do have a cavern cert and started cave training but my buddy in GA couldn't commit the time. I do also have a drysuit. Anyone dive the Navarre Pier? Is there any rubble from the old pier?

MRXRAY is the best one to give you a tour of how the pier rubble is situated. There is rubble to the left of the pier, and it covers and uncovers with sand depending upon Gulf tides and storms.

The rubble is actually to the right (West) of the new pier, but I havn't tried to dive it as it can't be seen from the new pier so it's either covered or was removed when the old pier was taken out this spring. I'm up for looking though, just let me know when yo want to go. Also the scuttlebutt is that you can dive the new pier at night when the pier closes to fishing (10:30PM) so I'd like to do that as well, but bring about 4 knifes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom