Wisdomii "gas" warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPAPPAS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
While diving the other day - i heard an audible beep from my wisdom II and noticed the red light flashing and the words "GAS" on the console on the top. I looked in the manual and there was no reference to what this warning is - my tank had 1500psi in it - my depth was about 25ft. It didnt last to long maybe a few seconds. I was breathing slightly more than normal - ( i think ) and later it was explained to me that it was probably that increased breathing that triggered it -( it was when i stopped swimming to read the gage is when it went away after a moment of more relaxed and calmer breathing - it also never came back on) I am ok with that explanation - if indeed that is what it is - if someone knows for sure what this is warning truly is, can you please give me a holler back - i really like this computer a lot and i own two of them - just need to know what the warning truly is.

thanks

john

since no one really new or replied - i called Sherwood and they told me that is the turnaround alarm - not quite sure why its not mentioned in the manual - maybe next release.

john

Hey John,

I guess I'm two days too late. It was your turn alarm. I actually turned mine off. If you go into the settings you'll find one of the alarms set to 1500 PSI. You can turn it off. I usually know my turn PSI and watch for it. It is often different for different dives so I see no point in leaving it on at 1500 PSI and couldn't be bothered setting for every dive.

Yup, turnaround pressure alarm. 90% of my dives are drift so it's totally inapplicable and thus disabled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom