new hose for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

udtfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
working on config for side mount i made a hose with a quick disconect on left bottle ( 2 inch) the hose is the lp infliator hose the route is up the bcd hose behind left arm and into bottle this makes droping bottle easy and clean if this works i have spoken with a mfg who can make the hose it really helps clean up the rig/kit let me know if i missed any safety issues or is my thinking off just trying to build a better mouse trap lol

I don't understand what you're trying to do. Perhaps a photo?

2" LP inflator hose is what I'm getting out of his post.

Depends on how/where you keep your inflator.

I use a 9" hose, but route it around my shoulder strap. Not sure how a 2" hose would route if I want to keep the inflator mid-chest.

I second Rob's request for a picture.

I think he might have meant 2 feet, which means he's routing the LP hose off the shoulder.

It may be difficult to make room for the rest of your hand when pulling back the lock ring, especially with dry gloves or 5 mm wet gloves on. I would go with a bit longer if you intend on using this in cold water diving.

On another note I have fastened a 13 ft3 argon bottle on my oversized back plate so that feeds directly into my dry suit so all I need is the backup for my wing, which I am using less and less for bouyancy and using my suit for bouyancy instead. The wing is returning to an emergency device.

Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom