Lumbar Pad Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rock2r

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings Kathleen,

When installing a new D/R Lumbar Pad and Transplate to my SS B/P and STA, are the STA wing nuts accessible with the pad and Transplate all woven together and in place? My concern is ability to rinse and clean all components as well as breakdown for packing and travel. The PDF of the Lumbar pad on your website is a little lacking. I am aware that the Transplate actually threads through the Lumbar Pad and the B/P. It would seem that once in place, it would be a real bear to get to the wing nuts or take the pad off the plate without unthreading the Transplate.

What am I missing here? I am holding off on purchasing the Pad and/or threading the harness until I get expert guidance.

Thanks,

Hi Rock2r,

Yes, good question. The bolts are accessible via a Quick Release Buckle that allows you to flip the Lumbar Pad up so you can access bolts that come through the plate (either STA or doubles bolt kits).

I thought we had created a photo showing this, but now I don't see it on our website. I'll search for it and re-post if my memory serves correctly and I find it.

Thanks,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom